Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GunnerWRX
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Surprisingly, it fixed itself and I did nothing.  I waited a few days to confirm that the issue is gone, before posting here.  I checked the update status, and the last update was also in August, so no update has been made recently.  The OS is still 9.3.0.

Because of this, I have gone ahead and just unplugged the ethernet cable.  I use an Apple TV 4K.

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

This issue now has been extended to anytime I wake the television from sleep. Even if I'm going back to the same HDMI input that was being used previously before the set being put to sleep, Action Smoothing is present despite being disabled. I've had this happen on both HDMI 1 (Nintendo Switch) and HDMI 3 (Xbox One X - where even the console is setup to force Game Mode). Only way to get the set back to normal is by restarting the television from system settings.  

Tracking ID: 29-418-601

I'm just copying my information from a previous thread: 

• TCL / 65R15
  • SN: YS00K0322229
  • Device ID: FW291K322229
  • Software Version: 9.3.0 - build 4914-30
0 Kudos
Glaciusss88
Reel Rookie

If this isn't fixed AND addressed in this forum I will not purchase another TCL TV. I have the same problem as all of you, my action smoothing will turn on again randomly, what's WORSE is now it will turn on and the setting will show it's off. Furthermore occasionally the backlight goes to 100/100 and does not go down.

So I have to do a system-power-restart and I'm left with a TV that needs CONSTANT monitoring just to remember and not change my settings. I'm 1 step away from publishing a bunch of youtube videos and contacting some of the bigger channels, since tcl has had this problem for ONE YEAR now. 

Glaciusss88
Reel Rookie

Additionally, the tech support I have gotten from TCL, over the phone and via email, has been absolutely LAUGHABLE at how poorly they understand this issue or tech in general. 

Granted that is the state of affairs with all companies nowadays. I use the method of never forget. If enough companies see consumers rebel by not purchasing their products in the future eventually either they will improve or die by competition. 

I know I sound bitter but this particular problem makes me so angry because of the tech support I've received. Clearly they have no training on this issue (I tried months ago, maybe April). 

ElBobbo
Channel Surfer

UGHHH!!!! Mine was good for so long. Turned it on tonight and Game mode doesn’t go on or off, motion smoothing is back, the whole 9 yards. 

This is annoying. 

0 Kudos
Glaciusss88
Reel Rookie

Go to settings> system>power>system restart

The fastest way to fix it in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you do.

Very annoying yes. 

Just got my 55R635 yesterday.  All motion smoothing options disabled.  There is still slight motion smoothing happening.  Most apparent in HDR.  I'm only using built in apps until my Xbox Series X arrives.  Going through the xbox better solve this or this TV is going back.

Moseisly

Hello,

I also purchased a TCL series 6 mini QLED 2020 65” tv from Best Buy last month and my motion smoothing is always in despite turning off all my motion enhancement settings. This is intolerable and I will be returning this set of no fix is offered.

ElBobbo
Channel Surfer

@Glaciusss88 wrote:

Go to settings> system>power>system restart

The fastest way to fix it in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you do.

Very annoying yes. 

Yep! That is usually the ticket. Especially after “ PowerOff>Unplug Back of TV>Hold Power Button on TV for 15s>Plug In>Power Up “

Mine has been functioning properly for a couple days after a strange hiccup. And had been working properly for months before that. 

0 Kudos
carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

Well the issue has come back. Now restarting the TV only fixes it until the next time it powers off....

Guess it's time for another factory reset and this time I won't be reconnecting the TV to WiFi. It's frustrating that an obvious software issue still hasn't been addressed by Roku or TCL.