Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Re: Lost Ability to Navigate “channels/apps”

Danny,

THANK YOU!

Following all the chatter on the Roku forum, I truly did not expect to get a response.  You’re restoring my faith… now, if we can just get my TV’s OS to update, I’ll be ecstatic.

Just so you know, I’ve done just about every “help hint” I’ve found except doing a factory reset, which many said made the problem worse.

I even purchased a new remote simply to be 100000% sure that was not the problem.  I also switched the TV to wireless and then back to wired to disprove the hint that it was probably a network issue…. nothing— absolutely nothing will unlock the brick wall firmly established between the 10.5 OS and the 11.0 OS I know is probably the problem, as you state.

Here is the data you request that is associated with my Roku TV:

Serial number: X00300GPJ57G
Device ID: S05MY06PJ57G
0 Kudos
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Danny,

I provided you with the Serial # and the Device ID to my Roku TV and notice that the OS is still running on 10.5.

I assume your tech team may be having challenges getting the OS on my TV updated or the issue resolved, at least.

I don't know that it makes a difference, but the message on the screen says the OS was last updated December 23. I'm assuming that may be 23 Dec 2022 rather that 2021, but I'm not sure.

rblanken3

Ruth

0 Kudos
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Danny--  Our TV is still meandering around, lost in the OS 10.5 never-never land.

Are you all anywhere close to finding a solution to why my Roku TV can not upgrade from OS 10.5 to the latest OS?

Because of this, we are paying for apps we can not use or close out!!!  

Each day that's passing is stirring the "I'm hot" coals a bit more.

Hope to hear from you soon!

--- rblanken3, the 75-year-old grandmother who is trying really really hard to stay positive

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rblanken3

Thanks for the post.

At this time, can you please check for a manual update on your Roku TV and let us know what OS your Roku TV is on after?

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Danny,

I have been through this manual update repeatedly.  No matter how many times I select the Update now option, it simply loops back to the page that says:
=================
Update available
Your TV will update from version 10.5.0.4210 to version 11.5.0.4312

This may take a few minutes…..
Once the updates…..

And then
Update now
Update later
==================

And then no matter how many time I go through the Update now option, I see the page I just described.

Again, I repeat….. I have gone through every step on your support pages.  I have delved into other groups to see if I missed something.  

Rblanken3
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rblanken3 

Thanks for the post.

Just as a follow up, did you check for an update at the time we requested you to check for a system update? As previously stated, we would now recommend checking for a system update to see if you are able to update to the most current OS 11.5 at this time. 

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rblanken3
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: RESOLVED-- Lost Ability to Navigate “channels/apps”

After attempting every possible solution with no resolution, I finally gave in and did a factory reset.  This did resolve the problem; however, none of the apps associated with my user profile carried over. It took over an hour to reset the apps to return usage to what I used prior to the factory reset.  But.... a factory reset did resolve the issue of the TV not being able to update the OS from 10.5 to the current OS.

0 Kudos