Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BusyMom2468
Channel Surfer

Live TV switches to Home Screen

I have an Onn Roku TV with Model # 100012590, and I need to leave it on Live TV all night because that's how my kid sleeps. It keeps switching from Live TV to the Home Screen in the middle of the night, even though I already disabled 'Auto Power Savings' and the Screen Saver. How can I stop the TV from switching to the Home Screen?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live TV switches to Home Screen

Have you turned off the "Bandwidth saver" under the Network settings?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BusyMom2468
Channel Surfer

'Bandwidth Saver' was On, so I turned it Off. Then, in the middle of the night, instead of switching to the home screen, it wouldn't play videos in Live TV, YouTube, or by casting videos. Turning Bandwidth Saver On and restarting didn't fix the problem. I had to do a Factory Reset, so now I'm back to where I began. Please help.

0 Kudos
renojim

When you say you're back to where you began, are you saying that it stops playing in the middle of the night and "Bandwith saver" is enabled?

0 Kudos
BusyMom2468
Channel Surfer

Yes.

0 Kudos
renojim

Well if disabling "Bandwidth saver" doesn't work,  all I can suggest is finding something to watch on a different app or connecting an antenna and watching good old fashioned over-the-air TV.  I don't know how disabling "Bandwidth saver" could have the effect you saw, but I can only watch "Live TV" until an ad comes on and then I move on to something else.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.