Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homesrock

Live TV Guide is gone again 2/25/21 Texas

Please help... I've tried everything suggested and my Live TV Guide is still not working.  It seems to be a system issue that getting very old very fast. I'm open for any fix ideas.

20 REPLIES 20
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV Guide is gone again 2/25/21 Texas

@homesrock wrote:  I'm open for any fix ideas.

See my post here, starting at the bolded "solution." To me, this was a solution for the larger degradation of antenna tv (slower channel changing, loss of favorites, loss of continuous up/down channel changing). And, honestly, Roku's lack of trustworthiness in treating customers with care. 

I came to this forum in January after my tv was largely degraded by the 9.4 update. What I've seen is complete lack of care (the update keeps being pushed out. Customers come last. There's no freedom to roll back to a prior update, or opt out of updates the way Android TVs have). When I saw the network-less version of the software had a much better antenna tv interface, I wanted that. And then, the prospect of keeping Roku (the Comcast of streaming") out of my house forever, it was a no-brainer. I'd already experienced one night-long slow "guide" causing channel changing to take 10 seconds. 

The one downside to my solution: You won't have any guide. If the guide is unstable (as it appears to be), then that's not really a downside. For me, I always viewed titantv or zap2it from my phone or laptop. I never used Roku's on-screen guide. Just a matter of habit from my old tv. I didn't feel like I lost anything. But, that could be a different calculation for others.

You have to weigh your wants/needs. I saw everything I needed to see on this forum to know I wanted out of my relationship with Roku. It's not a healthy relationship. Roku doesn't care about its customers. (We're not customers, as far as I can tell. We're a commodity to sell to streaming providers as "impressions" and paid subscriptions. Revenue sharing. We're the product being sold. Not the tvs sold to us.).

It's really stunning when you stop and think how Roku was the edgy, "peoples' champion" during the "cord cutting" craze. Roku was the the "go to" leader for that. Today, it's as bad as any cable company we cut the cord from. Comcast treated its customers just this badly. So, I look at my solution as "Cut the Cord 2.0." Protect your tv from someone who doesn't feel any obligation (responsibility) to treat it with consideration. Modularize your investment (tv & external streaming stick) instead of having all your eggs in one basket. To me, going this direction is like a breath of fresh air. I don't want any relationship with Roku whatsoever (just like they've shown they don't want one with me).

That factory reset without internet was a blessing, to be honest. Better antenna tv (in many ways), and no more drunken developers breaking my tv without any accountability, blaming TCL for it, etc.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
wyattearps2007
Reel Rookie

My antenna guide is not working on both TVs

What’s up Roku? Both TVs lost the antenna guide yesterday, I tried everything and it doesn’t work, please fix it soon

0 Kudos
TMacon
Channel Surfer

Read the other posts here looks like its happening for many today 2/28/21 and apparently Roku doesn't care... I looked up an online guide https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings# just so I can have an idea this is NOT a SOLUTION just an effort to avoid insanity! Maybe it will get fixed at some point but the tone of the community doesn't give me much hope. 

dwhammond
Reel Rookie

Re: My antenna guide is not working on both TVs

I am experiencing the same thing.  It started last night

0 Kudos

I have the same problem as of 7PM (EST) last night (TCL Roku TV)  Still doesn't work today

0 Kudos
JimBob
Binge Watcher

I live in California, & my tv guide is showing "Data Not Available". I definitely think I will be buying fire stick, to watch the apps on. I am also glad that I have Sling Tv w/ AirTV 2, & Locast. Both of which, the tv guide is working

Tealsista

Mine too. 
very frustrating, can’t get any answers 

0 Kudos
dlmdo

Hi, I live in New Mexico and have my TV Guide data gone 2/25/2021! I have done all the subjects to fix the problem but nothing worked!

Help!!!!

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@dlmdo wrote: I have done all the subjects to fix the problem but nothing worked! Help!!!!

It's not your tv. There's nothing you can do to get guide info. But, I'm unclear. Are you guys not able to watch tv? Does the non-existent guide info get in the way of viewing a channel? The reason I ask (not to belittle the absense of guide info) is that months ago people realized 9.4 broke their antenna tv if they didn't have internet. There is a "fix" for that. But, that was more serious than merely not having guide info (as an annoyance). This condition, without internet, would break the antenna tv. The "loading data" overlay remained blocking the view of the picture. (I think. That's the way it sounded. I didn't have the problem.).

If that's what you're experiencing, then this post would help. This explains how to go back to an older version of the antenna tv UI. It's better in some ways (favorites are back, continuous channel changing is back). You have to buy a $22 Firestick Lite to stream through HDMI (just so your tv remains disconnected from the internet, because Roku forces updates on you, doesn't let you opt out the way Android does.).

If you just need a guide, then there's titantv or zap2it (among others). You see it in your phone. I know that's a pain. But, the way you shouted for help made me think maybe you can't even watch tv? (If so, that post I linked to should get you back to that.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos