Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grf57
Reel Rookie

Lagging interface on 2020 TCL TV

I have a Model 75R617 that has the Roku interface built in.  I shows that it has HDMI 2.0a and can use both 2.4 and 5 versions of wi-fi.  My router is wi-fi 6 and I have over 200 Mbps connection.  I have a lot of issues with the system either locking up, buffering or just lagging between apps.  

It shows that the system is up to date with all available updates

My question is, if I purchase a new Roku Ultra and use that through the TV's HDMI port rather than use the built in interface, is that going to fix my issues?

I eventually will get to replacing the TV itself but can't right now.

Primarily use UTube TV for streaming most content.  Checked to make sure that is up to date as well

Thank you for any sugestions!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lagging interface on 2020 TCL TV

Connecting a new Roku device to your TV will most likely fix your problem unless there's some weird network issue going on, but I'd say that's not likely.  If you only stream and don't use OTA (antenna) channels, you can connect the Ultra to your TV and set up the TV to always power on to its input (under Settings->System->Power->Power on) and you may never need to touch the TV's remote.

My preferred way of using "smart" TVs (Roku or otherwise) is to keep them "dumb" and use a separate streaming device connected to it.  That way updates can't screw up my TV.  I'd rather replace a cheap streaming device than an expensive TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.