Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuDonna64

Jvc roku t.v. delete old account add mine

Jump to solution

My son bought me a used jvc roku t.v. very nice. How do I get the old owners account off so I cannot set it up with my stuff. Or will itock me out of everything cause I don't know there email and password and I don't have the remote.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Jvc roku t.v. delete old account add mine

Jump to solution

You have to factory reset the TV, create your own account at https://my.roku.com, and then link the TV to that account when you go through the setup process.  You must have a physical remote.  You can either get a Roku Voice Remote available online or many big box stores or get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs.  Roku "simple" remotes do not work with Roku TVs.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Jvc roku t.v. delete old account add mine

Jump to solution

You have to factory reset the TV, create your own account at https://my.roku.com, and then link the TV to that account when you go through the setup process.  You must have a physical remote.  You can either get a Roku Voice Remote available online or many big box stores or get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs.  Roku "simple" remotes do not work with Roku TVs.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.