Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PugBandit24_7
Channel Surfer

Is it possible to request iQiyi to be added to the Roku channel list?

Is is possible to add the iQiyi app to the list of streaming channels on the Roku store? 

This app does exist. I recently purchased a 40" Samsung Smart TV. Going through their channel store I was surprised to find and access the iQiyi app. I was able to access "certain" programs with no problem of a subscription. Because of this discovery I requested the iQiyi app some time ago. I figured if it was available through a one vendor then maybe see if Roku would consider adding it to their list of channels.

The other reason why I requested it for the Roku device, awhile back, was due to the fact that we have two older HDTV models. One is a older HDTV model (480p-720p). The other is an older LCD HDTV (1080p) which can only access streaming content through a streaming type device or player with Wi-fi capability that allows for apps to be added and accessed. We are using several Roku devices for that. Since we have a younger person that watches iQiyi on a computer, it would be nice if we could throw the content to the Roku devices and enjoy them on a larger screen. 

I did contact iQiyi but I doubt the people really knew what I was asking of them. Or they probably not so invested to consider passing along that information. 

Hopefully, something will happen. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.