Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Installing Apple TV app on Sharp Roku TV

Jump to solution

@jimmy691, the only workaround is to connect a separate Roku device to your Roku TV.  If that TV doesn't have the horsepower to run Apple's (Roku didn't create the channel/app) bloated code then there's nothing anyone outside of Apple can do about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AMO2023
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The resolution should be, Sharp & Roku both should have resolved this issue by now. Why haven't they offer customers a free Roku stick or issued an update is just bad customer relations. This is a good reason not to buy a tv that uses a primary streaming service platform like Roku, Google or Amazon. My suggestion is not to  buying a tv with Roku, Google, or Amazon as the primary platform on the tv. Your next tv should say works with those streaming apps, So you don't get stuck with a Sharp Roku Tv that doesn't come with one of the top rated streaming services like Apple TV.

Make it right Roku, fit this issue by offering a free Roku stick to your customers. You know my address, I'll be waiting, but until then I will never recommend Roku to friends and family. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AMO2023 If you want apple TV you, should buy an Apple TV device. I do not know how many years Apple supports it's TV devices though. Perhaps, apple might send you a new device for free when your current Apple TV is no longer getting updates.  

0 Kudos