Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Action916

I upgraded now to a Onkyo receiver and been struggling to get it to sync!

Jump to solution

So I was gifted Yamaha Receiver with I believe HDMI (eArch) or something like that. My first receive surround sound. 

I bought Roku 4K 2022, and just did the normal initial set up to my Sony TV. I plug in my receiver and i had to reset my control( remove battery 5 Second sync) and somehow I’m able to control power & volume with my Roku. 

but I upgraded now to a Onkyo receiver and been struggling to get it to sync! I have to turn on receiver and then turn on tv lower with Roku. I think I might try to program Onkyo controller to Roku Vs Roku controlling Reciever.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I upgraded now to a Onkyo receiver and been struggling to get it to sync!

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Action916!

We appreciate you for raising your audio issues with us. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Mentioning it did not have any problems when connecting your Yamaha receiver means that it has something to do with the Onkyo receiver. In addition, may we know what specific Roku 4K you are having audio issues with? We'd like to check the compatibility of it.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I upgraded now to a Onkyo receiver and been struggling to get it to sync!

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Action916!

We appreciate you for raising your audio issues with us. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Mentioning it did not have any problems when connecting your Yamaha receiver means that it has something to do with the Onkyo receiver. In addition, may we know what specific Roku 4K you are having audio issues with? We'd like to check the compatibility of it.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.