Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As mentioned previously, for more information about the Recovery mode issue, visit our Support page here: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™? 

If the issue still persists, we suggest contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Btmiddlet

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv. I’m stuck in recovery. I just unplugged my tv and reset my WiFi box and I’m still in recovery mode. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if getting an onn brand universal remote and try changing the input to a secondary device would work? Seems like my last resort since I don't have warranty but I was thinking if I connect a fire stick tv to the onn tv and get a universal remote for it as long as I'm able to change the input to the fire stick it should be good . Any one give this method a shot ???

0 Kudos

Re: Recovery loop TCL 50" Roku

Jump to solution

@Anna8 wrote:

I had exactly the same problem - never ending recovery loop.  TCL send me some parts,  and technician who replaced a main board. Next day was the same issue. I started to read other people problems and I came to conclusion: TV as a hardware is fine, just the software doesn't work anymore. Roku and TCL has a kind of crack.

My solution for recovery loop:

I restarted TV and just did not connect it to my Internet. I got one of these not expensive original Roku sticks from Amazon, put into HDMI port and I made a set up using my Roku account. Streaming goes through the stick - not through TCL. The same result. I saved  my 65" nice screen.

The main idea of my solution is- If you can not win with something -just omit that.

And by the way- cable box was  connected to my TV all the time. I have  no problems at all,  and together with  the Roku stick  works perfectly. Good Luck! 

I can get my hand another roku or fire stick but how did you change the hdmis if you couldn't get past the recovery loop? I ordered an onn universal remote in hopes of getting to change the inputs with the remote . Will pick it up tomorrow so I will post results tomorrow 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Btmiddlet,

Thanks for the post.

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™?

If the issue still persists, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
benmat1734

Jump to solution

Never again will I purchase a TCL Roku TV or any Roku TV for that matter. It makes no sense that I can't even use the TV as a monitor for a computer to watch stuff. Completely bricked TV just because of this stupid update/recovery issue. I am telling all Roku owners to ask for a refund and never purchase another Roku TV.

0 Kudos
illtww
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Welp..

my 55s425 is bricked also.  Was watching Netflix and the screen went all "janky" and rebooted to the recovery loop screen.  Cant get USB update to work "oops something went wrong" Tried multiple wireless networks [Phone hotspot]  and it gets to 100% then back into the Recovery Loop screen.  

This TV is only 15 months old from Target.  All my other smart tvs are fine. Sony etc.   This is very disappointing...  😞

Has anyone fixed this by swapping their mainboard? or contacting TCL?   (I think i am outside of the warranty window) 

0 Kudos
sfad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I replaced the mainboard and it has worked fine for two weeks so far. Calling TCL wasn't helpful. I wrote some negative reviews on Target, hoping that they are pushed to take more responsibility for it. If you paid with a credit card, check your card benefits to see if there is an extended warranty. 

0 Kudos
Heavyweight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the recommendation of simultaneous resets and still can’t get it to get off the recovery screen

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Heavyweight,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If the issue still persists even after following steps from the link: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™? We suggest contacting the TV manufacturer for more help and assistance with this type of issue. You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

May

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos