Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gkamba

How to connect to Internet in dorm room

Jump to solution

I've been trying to connect my Roku tv to my dorms internet. When I launch the browser, it doesn’t redirect me so I can put my name and room number.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: How to connect to Internet in dorm room

Jump to solution

Hi Gkamba

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Since you are at a college dorm, are you trying to connect to the internet with the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature on the Roku device? Has your device been activated before trying to connect to your internet? This is an important step that must be done before connecting with the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature.

If the device hasn't been activated yet, we recommend trying to start the device by connecting to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot. Once the device has been activated, try connecting again with Hotel & Dorm Connect and see if your issue is resolved.

For more information regarding Hotel & Dorm Connect, visit our Support page here: How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet | Official Roku Support.

Please keep us posted.

Warm Regards, 
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: How to connect to Internet in dorm room

Jump to solution

Hi Gkamba

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Since you are at a college dorm, are you trying to connect to the internet with the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature on the Roku device? Has your device been activated before trying to connect to your internet? This is an important step that must be done before connecting with the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature.

If the device hasn't been activated yet, we recommend trying to start the device by connecting to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot. Once the device has been activated, try connecting again with Hotel & Dorm Connect and see if your issue is resolved.

For more information regarding Hotel & Dorm Connect, visit our Support page here: How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet | Official Roku Support.

Please keep us posted.

Warm Regards, 
Lianna

0 Kudos