Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheryl1976
Reel Rookie

How do I add my TCL smart tv to my Roku account

Jump to solution

I bought a TCL Roku TV and I am trying to get it set up in my bedroom. I already had my ONN Roku TV set up in the living room years ago. I registered my TCL TV with TCL.com. Internet is already paired to the bedroom TV, and I am trying to get streaming apps on the TV but I do not see that option. Help? Setting up my ONN TV was a breeze years ago, in 2018 or 2019. I do not even see a second TV option on my Roku account.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cheryl1976
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I add my TCL smart tv to my Roku account

Jump to solution

I had dish network set up my TV. He set it up and went through all the guidelines. But I still do not see the apps on my TV. Wish I could take a picture of this but what I see is Satellite TV, Live TV, USB media player, and for shortcuts, Ic sleep timer. For settings: I have network and it is connected to the internet. I have theme and accessibility and TV. Picture settings and TV inputs and audio and parental controls and Home Screen and system. On the package (box), it does say roku TV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What do/did you see on the TV screen when you first turned it on?  You should see "Let's get started" or something like that.  I have to ask, are you certain it's a Roku TV?  Not all TCL smart TVs are Roku TVs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cheryl1976
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had dish network set up my TV. He set it up and went through all the guidelines. But I still do not see the apps on my TV. Wish I could take a picture of this but what I see is Satellite TV, Live TV, USB media player, and for shortcuts, Ic sleep timer. For settings: I have network and it is connected to the internet. I have theme and accessibility and TV. Picture settings and TV inputs and audio and parental controls and Home Screen and system. On the package (box), it does say roku TV.

0 Kudos
Cheryl1976
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I figured out my password for the TV. TV is restarting so here's to trying to get my TV to work proper.

0 Kudos
Cheryl1976
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you renojim, for helping me figure out my Roku TV. I was able to plug in the correct password to set up my internet for TV and now I have the apps I want on my TV.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.