Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshleyStumples
Reel Rookie

Home screen channels gone

I turned my TCL roku t.v. on and all the icons for my channels and such are gone... we can only get channels by searching or using the few direct buttons we have on the remote. I can't find anything about it online does anyone know what happened or what to do? 

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home screen channels gone

Try restarting it from Settings->System->Power or just unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AshleyStumples
Reel Rookie

We unplugged and restarted the router and such too just to see if it was that but it didn't do anything. Also my Childs TV upstairs is doing the same thing. It's just really weird. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

My next suggestion would have been to restart the router - so much for that.  If you have other network equipment involved like a "gateway" or modem you might want to try restarting them as well.  I think the "no channels" problem has to do with an Internet connection issue, but that's based on my being able to replicate the problem sometimes by disconnecting the Ethernet cable to my Ultra and rebooting it.  It's not a solution, but if you have an alternate network available like your phone's hotspot try connecting to that to see what happens.  If the channels on your Home Screen return then that would confirm that it's some kind of network problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

To resolve the missing home screen channels on your TCL Roku TV, start by restarting the TV and checking for system updates. you can also consider a factory reset or manually reinstalling channels from the Roku Channel Store. I have solved a lot of my problems simply with these steps.

0 Kudos
Morphy
Reel Rookie

I had this happen recently also. I solved it by going into the Settings/System/Power menu and selecting the system restart option. This brought everything back.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.