Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjcates85
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV all of a sudden not allowing access to Hulu or Netflix

Hulu and Netflix are still working on my Firestick and my PlayStation, as well as on the other, older TVs in my house (this one is about a year or so old).  I have restarted my modem/router, removed and reloaded the apps, software for TV is updated, so what’s the problem?  I did read a post somewhere that Roku TVs can, for whatever reason, suddenly stop allowing access to these apps, but SURELY not on a TV this new 🤨

Help please!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV all of a sudden not allowing access to Hulu or Netflix

Hi, @jjcates85.

Thanks for sharing this concern with us here at the Roku Community.

We understand the situation you're running into, and we're happy to help. May we know if these are the only channels affected by the issue? Also, could you precisely follow the steps in rebooting channels and clearing the cache by doing the procedure below?

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

We also suggest checking for an app update by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update.
Please let us know what you find out after doing so.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cher7

Re: Hisense Roku TV all of a sudden not allowing access to Hulu

I have followed all of these steps and HULU refuses to reload. HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Cher7,

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you took in an attempt to fix the issue.

May we ask if this issue only occurs with the Hulu app? If it's happening on all channels across your Roku device, we'd recommend you try to reboot your router or connect to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot. However, if the issue is isolated with this app and none of the troubleshooting steps work, it could be an issue with the channel itself, so we'd recommend you reach out to the channel provider directly, as they may be able to provide an additional fix.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV all of a sudden not allowing access to Hulu or Netflix

julio vences Antonio hi

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.