Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noah05

Help!!! Trying to setup Roku tv!!

I just bought an onn Roku Tv and have been trying to get it connecting to the internet! The internet is great and all my other devices connect just fine to it. When I try connecting my Roku tv to the internet, a window pops up saying it can’t update (error code 003). I’ve been trying all morning to fix it but nothing works. I’ve reset the tv and my router, I’ve tried changing the network protocol, I’ve just let it sit there for a few hours, so if anyone has any advice I would love it!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MrX2

Re: Help!!! Trying to setup Roku tv!!

Try splitting your bands (5ghz/2.4ghz) in the app of whichever your service provider is. Make sure to change the name*. You can keep the password the same for both bands but definitely make a difference name for the 5ghz band. Then connect your tv to the 2.4ghz band if your tv is a few walls away from the router. Voila. 

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Does your TV have an Ethernet port so you can check to see if that works?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @noah05

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

For this specific error code, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos