Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones in control not TV speakers

My TCL Roku is stuck in Headphone mode, we have tried everything that was posted on YouTube and in the community board nothing works

Please help

Issue Report tracker

Model:C147X-Roku TV

Serial Number: X000007WG5YL (S04KH08WG5YL)

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-93

Timestamp: 2023-04-18T01:07:34Z

Issue ID YL-154-147

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Headphones in control not TV speakers

Hi @broutledge66

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your Roku TV is stuck in headphone mode and you're unable to switch back to TV speakers, here are a few things you can try:

• Disconnect any headphones or audio cables: If you have any headphones or audio cables connected to your Roku TV, make sure to disconnect them. This may help reset the audio settings and allow the TV speakers to work again.
  • Check the audio settings: Go to Settings > Audio > Audio mode and make sure that "TV speakers" is selected. If "Headphones" is selected, switch it to "TV speakers."
  • Restart your Roku TV: Try restarting your Roku TV by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart. This may help reset any audio-related settings that are causing the issue.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure your Roku TV has the latest software update installed. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > System update.
  • Reset your Roku TV: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your Roku TV to its factory settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

We did all this already. Is there any other help that can be provided?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @broutledge66

Thank you for keeping in touch!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - TCL to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: TCL Support. Call them at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

So basically the TV thinks something is in the headphone Jack of all our TVs and even with optical, headphones over rules it all.

i need to buy a new TV then because I've tried everything else

0 Kudos
Springfieldjone
Reel Rookie

I discovered the headphones button on my ROKU app on my phone was activated. Connect your ROKU app on your phone to the TV, click the headphones icon.

0 Kudos

Yahoo, I just had the same issue, as you did, I tried all the previous replies and no go. So I found my headphones with a jack, and plugged them into my remote, then unplugged them, problem solved. I can listen through the TV speakers. I hope you have the Roku remote with the headphones jack port. Best of luck!

Springfieldjone
Reel Rookie

My problem was my app. The Roku app has the speakers turned off. Customer service said I needed to replace my TV. Always check the speakers headphones setting on the Roku app

0 Kudos
Mardac23

good, i did the same, it's work

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.