Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patricia3
Reel Rookie

HELP! My Roku TV doesn't show the "Display Type" setting.dw

Hi guys, I recently got a AOC TV 43S5195/78-G, wich has the Roku TV as a feature, since my last one had a problem with the screen...

Yesterday the product arrived and, unfortunately, I can't enjoy it! That's because my paid TV (Vivo Fibra), wich is connected through HDMI, only displays at 480i quality, despite this TV model supports 1080p quality.

After searching through the whole internet, I tried to change the resolution by acessing the "Display Type" setting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjwt2fDim0)... But, for my surprise, THERE WAS NO DISPLAY TYPE setting, neither the Accessibility one. My Roku TV version is 9.3.0, and I've already verified if there was any new update for the Roku TV (there wasn't). 

Please, I need help on this because is almost impossible to fully enjoy my new TV with this poor quality.

Obs: Sorry for the bad english, I'm not british neither american; I'm from Brazil. 

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Patricia3
Reel Rookie

Re: HELP! My Roku TV doesn't show the "Display Type" setting.dw

I've solved the problem with a friend of mine. No need for answers!

andyross
Roku Guru

Could you share what you did to fix it? It may help others who have a similar problem.

wtv123

Okay so my brand new Roku TV doesn't have the display type settings in the main menu, but if I press the star button on my remote it opens another menu with more settings for picture. You have to be viewing the input when you press the star button, not in the settings menu.

HoIIywood
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem I have a new roku tv with poor picture quality and can’t find the display type option, can you explain in more detail how to find this option?

0 Kudos
brittnewme2018
Reel Rookie

Can I ask how you found the display type I can't find it on mine. I cannot get my YouTube to work can you please help me.

Strega
Roku Guru

The video in the OP is about how to tell a stand-alone Roku device about the TV it is attached to.  A TV with Roku built-in should already know what it is, so it makes sense that there would be no such menu.

0 Kudos
Denderson
Reel Rookie

You wrote "A TV with Roku built-in should already know what it is, so it makes sense that there would be no such menu." Actually, it makes no sense that I cannot control the display quality because this prevents me from lowering the resolution to reduce bandwidth thereby avoiding exceeding the data cap of my internet service provider.

Rich6

how do I get to display type when it has none

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rich6

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will be able to access and change the display type when you first setup your Roku device/TV.

For more information about display type, please visit our Support page here: How do I change the display type on my Roku® streaming player?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos