Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheCopyKat
Reel Rookie

HBO MAX Returns to TV Home Page EveryTime

When I launch the MAX app it does the initial max logo and then when it gets to the HBO sound and zooming logo it returns to the Roku TV Home page,  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, re-setting my router and checking for updates repeatedly as well as clearing cache on the TV.  The only thing that  ALMOST works is if I change my password on a Desktop it will take me past the sound logo sound screen and allow me to choose sign in options but then returns to the TV home page when complete.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO MAX Returns to TV Home Page EveryTime

Hi @TheCopyKat

We acknowledge your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the MAX channel, and we want to know more about this issue. Does this only occur with MAX channel, or have you noticed this with other channels? Also, what specific Roku device are you having issues with?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheCopyKat
Reel Rookie

I have the issue on 2 different TCL Roku 4K TVs.  I have the issue ONLY with the MAX app an no other channels.  I am able to watch MAX on my phone, on my Apple TVs, on my Playstation and on my XBOX.  I watch MAX almost every day and the issue began on Saturday.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @TheCopyKat

We suggest inquiring about this concern directly with the MAX channel's support since this issue exists only with the MAX channel alone across different Roku streaming devices. A workaround and update on their end would likely fix this issue once raised to their attention.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
neohippie89
Channel Surfer

This happened to me today as well. The old HBO Max logo is back. Instead of just ‘Max’. So strange 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @neohippie89,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with streaming HBO Max. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? What software version are you currently on (this can be found under Home > Settings > System > About)?

In the meantime, please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star (*) button, and selecting "Check for updates" to ensure that the channel is up to date.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.