Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhysell
Reel Rookie

Fix your Roku Channel update 11.5.0 build 4216

Just got the Roku's update from **bleep**

Software Version 11.5.0 Build 4216 

and it Missed up all 5 Roku sticks and box...

all the other apps work just fine.

Just not the Roku channel or the paid subscription Roku Channel STARZ and EPIX

Fix this will ya.... Please?

******UPDATE****** 10/12/2022

Seems Roku as Fixed my problem....

I am able to now watch Roku Channel and the Roku Channel STARZ and EPIX channel

Hope everyone else got the fix

Thank you Roku

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fix your Roku Channel update 11.5.0 build 4216

Well mine went nuts tonight and it's been hardwired constantly, when I turn it on it says not connected, that's on antenna tv default setting.

Well it reverted back to the two option tv guide , favs and all. Well now there's no streaming channels. Checked for update, Yes it updated. Only to be just as messed up as before. This Roku poo poo is just getting real disgusting. It's like they don't like anyone having an antenna. Unreal. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. 

Jmc70
Reel Rookie

Same here - can’t access several channels due to log in/out issues. 

When is the fox coming? 

ughhhh 

Cheeeese

Same thing here 11.5.0 build 4216-29

Sling, youtube, prime video and netflix work. All other channels broke. The wont launch, or they will open with empty picture boxes. Even the roku channel is broke. Search for new channels is broke.

Please fix this atrocity asap

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well mine went nuts tonight and it's been hardwired constantly, when I turn it on it says not connected, that's on antenna tv default setting.

Well it reverted back to the two option tv guide , favs and all. Well now there's no streaming channels. Checked for update, Yes it updated. Only to be just as messed up as before. It's like they don't like anyone having an antenna. Unreal. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. Good luck to all with issues. They are flushing thier brand down the drain. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rwhysell @Anonymous @Jmc70 @Cheeeese

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there was a service interruption that has since been resolved. We would recommend checking again to see if you are still experiencing an issue at this time.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

why all the fiery hoops to jump through? It's insane already,  There's to many versions and builds to keep up with. Why even bother any more. Provide all this info for everyone to see sounds more than a little fishy to me. 

Roku made so many products, it's no wonder they're all messed up. Most likely pre- programed to self destruct thats it. Can't youse just get it right or admit they're all junk.

It's just hard to believe the guide issues ain't fixed yet. 

rwhysell
Reel Rookie

After few 5 minute resets with the Roku box and modem it didn't fix the problem.

The next day I checked it and the Roku channel worked on all of them... Not sure what the fix was on my side or theirs.

But that evening I turned it on and the Roku channel did yet another update But the Version and build number did not change. restarted the Roku box and Guess what, Back to square 1. I couldn't get the Roku channel to work. So I watched Amazon Prime App which still worked on the Roku box and about an hour later I checked the Roku Channel app and it worked.

Just checked again and the Roku Channel is still working.

So I don't know what fixed it.

Go into your setting/system/Software Update check the version/build #  It should be Version: 11.5.0 Build:4216

if not do a System Update

After update shutdown and wait a few minutes then try testing your Roku Channel.

Hope this Helps.. 

0 Kudos
AngelaO

I had the same issue with the black screen on start up, apps freezing (including the Roku channel). I tried clearing the cache and seems to have fixed my issue). Clear cache: press home 5 times, press up 1 time, press rewind 2 times, press fast forward 2 times. In about 30 seconds the Roku will restart. This was extremely frustrating so I hope everyone finds a solution!

0 Kudos