Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imnotafish

FHD Roku TV lip sync with TV speakers

I just bought a cheap 32' FHD Roku branded tv, model number 32R3B5/32R3BX from best buy. Out of the box it appears all apps have difficulty with lip sync. The length of time varies, but on netflix I'd estimate the audio was lagging consistently by 500ms. I don't have any external speaker connections and have changed no settings. Wifi connection is strong with 500mbps down and I didn't have issues with the fire stick (which died) and 20yr old lcd tv that this roku tv replaced. I have a roku ultra elsewhere and have not seen this issue.

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FHD Roku TV lip sync with TV speakers

Hi, @imnotafish 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have experienced with your Roku TV, and we're here to help. Here is a troubleshooting step that you can perform to resolve the delay of audio with your TV speakers.

System restart your device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to system restart your Roku streaming device.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

1. Select System restart.
Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.