Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokNU
Reel Rookie

Does Roku make a soundbar/streambar style product that has an option for optical digital output?

Like the title says, I'd prefer an optical output but some type of analog out would work too.

I was disappointed in my last streambar purchase after learning that I couldn't route the audio from my the apps in the streambar to my receiver. I'm looking to move that less capable piece to the bedroom and replace it with something that will do what I need to do. I don't have any issue choosing a different brand but I'm already familiar with the Roku GUI and would prefer to keep a level of commonality between different rooms in my house.

Thanks,
Aaron

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokNU
Reel Rookie

Re: Does Roku make a soundbar/streambar style product that has an option for optical digital output?

It's a simple question. I'm guessing the answer is no but it's insane that these devices don't offer such a useful and simple feature. I'll look elsewhere.

...for any product engineers that may consider adding this in the future ...consider having an option for making the audio out variable so that the Roku remote can also be used as a volume control if that's what the customer wants.

0 Kudos