Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eredmon
Reel Rookie

Delete app Paramount Plus then reinstall ....................

Jump to solution

All I want to do is delete the app and reinstall. Why is this not simple. And how the **bleep** do I contact Roku and have them delete the app. This is crazy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Delete app Paramount Plus then reinstall ....................

Jump to solution

Hi, @eredmon 

We understand that you need assistance in removing the Paramount Plus channel. We'd be more than glad to assist you with this.

Please note that if the channel you want to remove is billed to your Roku account, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

• Note:
    • If a subscription is canceled before the end of the billing cycle, you can continue to access the channel until the current billing cycle ends.
    • Channels cannot be removed at Roku.com.

To successfully remove a channel, kindly follow the steps provided below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove.
  3. Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.

Please let us know what you find out after performing the steps mentioned above.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @eredmon 

We understand that you need assistance in removing the Paramount Plus channel. We'd be more than glad to assist you with this.

Please note that if the channel you want to remove is billed to your Roku account, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

• Note:
    • If a subscription is canceled before the end of the billing cycle, you can continue to access the channel until the current billing cycle ends.
    • Channels cannot be removed at Roku.com.

To successfully remove a channel, kindly follow the steps provided below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove.
  3. Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.

Please let us know what you find out after performing the steps mentioned above.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eredmon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Then I'm screwed. I paid for a year until Jan 2025 and cannot access the channel. It loops me over and over saying I have an account and to log in despite being logged in. Log out, log in, doesn't help. There's 59 dollars down the drain.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @eredmon

Have you tried performing a system restart on your Roku device to see if it resolves the channel access issue you're having? If not, we recommend performing this step by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart.

After performing this step, please check if you're still unable to access the channel. Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eredmon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Both options tried multiple times but no luck.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You will not see the Remove Channel option while a premium subscription that was made through Roku remains active. If you cancel the subscription this stops additional payments but you still won't be able to remove the channel via the Roku's onscreen interface until your subscription period runs out.  Personally, I think this is a stupid decision by Roku, but it is what it is.

Try using the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account. At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name. On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel. I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had one for years) but some have said this worked for them even while the subscription is still active.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TichenorPatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the opposite problem - I can't INSTALL the app for some reason.  Any ideas why this would happen?  I deleted it to try and resinstall, and now it gives me "Channel install failed" and won't let me even install the app. IMG_5051.jpg

0 Kudos