Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazbii
Reel Rookie

Could I use a Roku Stick on my TCL Roku TV?

I’ve had a TCL TV with built in Roku for over 6 or so years. Lately the streaming apps on the TV are a nightmare to use, especially Netflix. I can go to them fine and start watching something but god forbid I try to pause or rewind. The whole app freezes up. I keep my apps and TV up to date, my WiFi is fine. I’m assuming it’s the TV software. So I’m wondering if it would be an issue to get a Roku stick to use to stream through that instead of the built in Roku.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
holenco1

Could I use a Roku Stick on my TCL Roku TV?

I’ve had a TCL TV with built in Roku for over 6 or so years. Lately the streaming apps on the TV are a nightmare to use, especially Netflix. I can go to them fine and start watching something but god forbid I try to pause or rewind. The whole app freezes up. I keep my apps and TV up to date, my WiFi is fine. I’m assuming it’s the TV software. So I’m wondering if it would be an issue to get a Roku stick to use to stream through that instead of the built in Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Could I use a Roku Stick on my TCL Roku TV?

Hi @mazbii@holenco1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble streaming with the Netflix channel on your TCL Roku TV and would like to know how to identify and resolve playback issues.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues and follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel.'
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.