25bob
Channel Surfer

Controlling bookshelf speakers

Jump to solution

Hi, I am getting bookshelf speakers to replace my TV (lg c1) poor audio. I cannot accommodate a sound bar. Will the roku remote (streaming stick plus) be able to control the volume on the new bookshelf speakers? Am getting edifier and they connect either by bluetooth or optical cable, advice appreciated....Thx Bob

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Controlling bookshelf speakers

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. You'll be stuck with two remotes, neither can be controlled by universal remote,. Roku stick only accepts wifi roku commands, and if your speaker is bluetooth only then no remote other then the oem remote will control them. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. You'll be stuck with two remotes, neither can be controlled by universal remote,. Roku stick only accepts wifi roku commands, and if your speaker is bluetooth only then no remote other then the oem remote will control them. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
25bob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thx, one more question (trying to figure how to do with one remote) Would the Roku bookshelf  speakers work or are they restricted to the natively built Roku tvs?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Bluetooth speakers of any brand will not work directly with ANY Roku device, sorry. Roku's with bluetooth are receivers only, they can get audio from cellphones and tablets. Your bluetooth speaker is receiver also, it has to communicate with bluetooth transmitter which no roku is. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
25bob
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thx again, figured that---if I can figure a way to fit a soundbar here I will just buy the roku soundbar subwoofer combo---otherwise will just live  with the tv speakers

0 Kudos
carsonreed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Custom printed notebooks not only offer a personalized touch to your stationery but also serve as a unique canvas for self-expression. Imagine having your favorite quote, a snippet of a song, or even a waveform pattern representing a cherished sound, elegantly emblazoned on the cover of your notebook. The question arises: How would a custom printed notebook featuring a sound waveform or music-related design enhance your creative process or inspire your daily note-taking? Dive into the world of personalized stationery, where your custom spiral notebook becomes not just a repository for thoughts but a visually and sonically resonant extension of your personality. How would you customize your notebook to encapsulate the essence of your favorite sound?

0 Kudos