Orlandi
Reel Rookie

Connecting Roku to a soundbar

Jump to solution

I have an old LG TV with just 2 HDMIs for video input but nothing for sound output. I just bought a new Eclair sound bar and realised I cannot connect it to my TV (it does not have optical cable, I checked). I tried to connect the Roku (model is Roku premier) to the soundbar and the soundbar to the TV but obviously did not work. How can I get the sound to play on the soundbar if my TV does not have sound output? It does have RCA sockets but I heard the sound quality is not that good, is there any way other than that to connect my Roku/TV to the soundbar using HDMI?? Thanks in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting Roku to a soundbar

Jump to solution

Hi @Orlandi,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem connecting your Eclair soundbar to your TV or Roku premiere. Please check out this support article on how to set up your Roku streaming player for surround sound. Otherwise, we highly suggest that you contact the Eclair customer support team to report the issue and get help. In this case, your inquiry might be addressed to them on how to connect the Eclair soundbar in some other way.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting Roku to a soundbar

Jump to solution

Hi @Orlandi,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem connecting your Eclair soundbar to your TV or Roku premiere. Please check out this support article on how to set up your Roku streaming player for surround sound. Otherwise, we highly suggest that you contact the Eclair customer support team to report the issue and get help. In this case, your inquiry might be addressed to them on how to connect the Eclair soundbar in some other way.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.