Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Click Star to Start From the Beginning, NOT!

There are often movies shown in the Channel Guide, that say "Click * to start from the beginning", but because many times I want to see it from the spot it's at, (& then decide whether I want it to start from the beginning), I just click on the show. But 9 times out of 10, even when I don't click on the *, it will start from the beginning!  I don't want it to, and why does it say that we first need to hit * to do so, yet goes ahead anyway, and starts from the opening credits????   Can't you even get this little feature to work correctly?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Click Star to Start From the Beginning, NOT!

And another malfunctioning feature, captioning when streaming online. Why do I see captions even when captioning is off, as selected? Why can't things work correctly?

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

ROKU CAPTIONS.jpeg

Here's a screenshot, showing captions, despite the setting clearly showing "Captions Off"!

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Just to add to the above... I just changed the channel to a different show, and at first I didn't see the captions, but as usual, within a few minutes, even though the captions off option is selected!  Not only are they appearing, but the captions are in very LARGE print, and are lagging well behind the dialog on-screen, which, even though I try to ignore them, they are LARGE and way out of sync!!  They probably are somewhat not in sync, when a foreign language is spoken, but because I don't understand it, it's not interfering with enjoying the show, unless the captioning is so out of sync, that it makes it hard to figure out who's speaking what.

0 Kudos