Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tallytoni

Can’t hear people talking but I can hear music, applause and background sounds

I am trying to watch both love tv shows and recorded shows and some of them are fine and others are not. For example, one show I’ve been recording and I tried to watch recorded, I can hear background music and applause but I can’t hear the people talking.  In previous recordings of the same series, the audio was fine.

for another show, when watching live, the same thing happens; background sounds but no people talking.  But during this same time, shows on different channels/networks sound fine.

The crazy thing is that the recorded shows behave the same way on any tv on my house. (I use DirectTV streaming service and three tvs use Roku sticks and the other tv is a Smart tv.)

I’ve restarted my Rokus, adjusted the volume settings, etc. and nothing has worked. So is this a DirectTV issue?  I’m so frustrated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.