Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jurassical
Binge Watcher

Broadcast guide DEFAULTS to ALL CHANNELS and makes FAVORITES the last choice

This is an on-going problem.  Why not default to either a CHOICE or to FAVORITES instead of making us FIVE click through to select our favorites.  If you give us a choice, it would make life much simpler. 

You had at least allowed the choice of favorites to remain from one channel choice to another, but with the latest 11.5.0 b 4235, it's back to having to go from all channels to favorites.

My solution is to have NO FAVORITES and delete all unfavorite channels which is a PITA since I have to wear out my remote and my hand to do so ONE AT A TIME.  There should be some way to select all and then deselect the wanted channels.

Edit: Also, moving up and down through channels, it skips on scroll and on UP or DOWN button it will do two or more lines instead of one.  It also freezes up at times and has to be exited to fix. 

Thanks and I look forward to your help.

Tee

6 REPLIES 6
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Re: Broadcast guide DEFAULTS to ALL CHANNELS and makes FAVORITES the last choice

Same here on my Magnavox Roku TV. I select Favorites and surf, select a channel, or escape. When I go back to the guide it's set to ALL CHANNELS. I have to go reset to Favorites to surf again!! WTF???  This is clearly a bug. Please fix it. 

IHiJump
Streaming Star

Re: Broadcast guide DEFAULTS to ALL CHANNELS and makes FAVORITES the last choice

Also. The moment I reselect Favorites, i am taken back to channel 2... no matter what channel I'm on

Tags (1)
Glocom
Binge Watcher

Have the same issue and it started after the last update.  Not only did we lose that ability the new categories are set up poorly. Although I select my favorites and I scroll through them, once I get to the bottom I either go to a different category or have to scroll all the way back up to get to my channels.

Please bring back the ability to filter to your favorite channels so that is all that we see.  There are enough posts on the community that this is clearly a feature your customers want.

Kbeas
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Very annoying that channels default to “all channels” when going back to the channel menu. 

thevdoguy
Reel Rookie

I agree with all of you. Isn't there any ROKU technicians/programmers looking at any of these posts?

You used to be able to make favorites or all channels as a default.

Don't take away features or functions that have worked for years. Just add to them as an option 

LelandC

I agree. In fact, I find it so frustrating I often just watch Pluto TV or free version of Sling. They both keep you on the favorites list until YOU decided to switch to all channels.

0 Kudos