Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new JVC Smart TV with Roku Platform won't connect to the internet and won't activate

Jump to solution

Brand new JVC TV bought last night. Floor model. 

What I've done:

Held reset button for 30 seconds and gone through Let's Get Started guide

Tried wireless and wired home internet on both 2.4 and 5G connections. Tried 2.4 Mobile Hotspot. Everytime the TV says it connects to the internet. I gets an IP. I checked it in my router. No issues with the internet. 

The TV will not get past 6% on the system update. Then shows Error 005. 

I tried putting the update on a USB stick. The TV sees the USB stick and tries to do the update. I get the confirmation codes. But the Roku account says "Oops there's an error" when entering the confirmation code and does not offer any additional help.

Roku support told me to do all these things and nothing worked. So they told me to call JVC who is not open right now for support calls. Now what?

Roku TV: 7838x

JVC Model: LT-58MAW705

Software Version: 8.0.0 build 3914-AM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Brand new JVC Smart TV with Roku Platform won't connect to the internet and won't activate

Jump to solution

SOLVED!!!!!! WaHoo!!!!

For those of you without a cable modem or way to directly connect to your internet, I'm not sure what you're going to do. 

I had a thought that if WiFi and Firewalls might be causing an issue, why not directly connect the TV via Ethernet to the cable modem. I did this and power cycled the modem, and did a reset on the TV. When the Startup Guide on the TV got to the internet part, it connected and updated no problem. 

This did not work on any other connection type for me. 

Now that the TV is updated and activated, I was able to switch it over to a Wireless 5G connection and all the apps still work. 

DIRECT CONNECT TO YOUR CABLE MODEM TO FIX!!!! Hope it works for you, too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: Brand new JVC Smart TV with Roku Platform won't connect to the internet and won't activate

Jump to solution

SOLVED!!!!!! WaHoo!!!!

For those of you without a cable modem or way to directly connect to your internet, I'm not sure what you're going to do. 

I had a thought that if WiFi and Firewalls might be causing an issue, why not directly connect the TV via Ethernet to the cable modem. I did this and power cycled the modem, and did a reset on the TV. When the Startup Guide on the TV got to the internet part, it connected and updated no problem. 

This did not work on any other connection type for me. 

Now that the TV is updated and activated, I was able to switch it over to a Wireless 5G connection and all the apps still work. 

DIRECT CONNECT TO YOUR CABLE MODEM TO FIX!!!! Hope it works for you, too.

0 Kudos