Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philbla
Reel Rookie

Bose QC II headphones connected to Roku TV - no audio wireless connection

Hello,

My Bose QC II headphones will connect to my TCL Roku TV, however, there is no audio. The volume indicator on the tv indicates it’s connected to my headphones and the volume will jump to a higher setting (70-80 from 15), however, no sound. I have reset my tv, disconnected and reconnected my headphones but nothing has worked. This is a direct connection to the tv. I am not using the Roku app. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Bose QC II headphones - no audio wireless connection

Hello @philbla

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We catch that you are having no sound issues when you connect your wireless headphone to your Roku TV. You can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or laptop to a Roku TV system with Roku wireless speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar. Or it can connect directly if you have a Roku Plus Series TV.

May we ask what Roku TV brand you have? Have you tried pairing a wireless headphone to see if there's any difference? 

For reference, you can see more here: How to turn on Bluetooth pairing and connect your phone to your Roku device

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
philbla
Reel Rookie

Thank you - I have a TCL Series 8 QLED with a ROKU soundbar. My headphones connect directly to the TV, but no sound. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@philbla

Thanks for following up. 

We have established that you can connect a Bluetooth-capable smartphone, tablet, or laptop to your Roku device. Could you attempt to disconnect the headphone and reconnect them and see if it helps? You can also try to use another headphone to check if there's any difference after. 

If you encounter any issues during setup or need additional troubleshooting steps, learn more about How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos