Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanStout

Bluetooth soundbar connect to Roku TV

Jump to solution

I would like to connect a Visio sound bar to my Insignia Roku TV using Bluetooth.
Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Bluetooth soundbar connect to Roku TV

Jump to solution

@DanStout  Thanks for the question. That isn't currently a supported feature. You'd need to connect an A/V receiver, speaker or soundbar to your TV via an HDMI or optical (S/PDIF) cable.

I'd recommend reaching out to share your suggestion with your Roku TV manufacturer directly. I'll pass the interest along to our team as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DanStout  Thanks for the question. That isn't currently a supported feature. You'd need to connect an A/V receiver, speaker or soundbar to your TV via an HDMI or optical (S/PDIF) cable.

I'd recommend reaching out to share your suggestion with your Roku TV manufacturer directly. I'll pass the interest along to our team as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Trying to hook up my bose speaker, can't find bluetooth option

Jump to solution

I don't have the option of bluetooth on the Roku TV, under devices. When you watch youtube videos that is where all bluetooth devices will show up but again the bluetooth option doesn't even exist.

Can someone please advise?

Pcola10k
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried many ways to use Bluetooth speakers with TV, upgraded speakers, upgraded low latency transmitters and receivers. I finally gave up after spending close to $1k on this project. I was unable to successfully incorporate Bluetooth with out a significant and varying degrees of latency. WiFi speakers such as Sonos or using the Roku Soundbar with Roku speakers works well with out the latency. 

0 Kudos
CHUCKBDAL

Jump to solution

Are you saying the Roku TV has no Bluetooth capability? That seems a little outdated. I purchased a Hisense Roku TV in 2022, the fact that might not have Bluetooth capability never crossed my mind. Why is Roku technology so outdated?

0 Kudos
Bunny78
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My insignia roku tv has set up new device & has wireless speakers and wireless sound bar options and searches for the Bluetooth device but fails to find them. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Bunny78
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Found a simple fix. Hookup your wireless sound bar to your phone and add the roku remote app. I now have the sound bar working with the TV.

Apparently they only set up wireless to work through the tv with a roku brand sound bar or speakers. Simple fix everything is now on the sound bar through the TV. 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bunny78 

The Roku soundbar is not able to be connected wirelessly to Roku tv, it uses Hdmi-arc or Hdmi and optical.  So, all brands of Soundbars, even Roku have to wired to Roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DarinAbum

Jump to solution

This worked, thanks

0 Kudos