Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Re: How can I Stream longer than 4 hours

Jump to solution

@boogernoseThe issue for a lot of us is that we want to leave the TV on for pets that get bored while we are at work. They can't read and can't press the OK button. But I discovered that the Tubi channel stays on indefinitely, so my parrots get to watch cartoons all day again and are in much better spirits when I come home now.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Theyre probably thrilled someones there to turn it off and feed them.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
MommaPug

Jump to solution

It worked Thanks

0 Kudos
Leymann787

Jump to solution

This does not work.  Still shuts off regardless.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Leymann787 

Thanks for the update.

What channel are you watching content on? It's possible that the channel itself may have a timer that will stop streaming.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hdelgado134
Reel Rookie

Re: Binge watching

Jump to solution

this response is incorrect.

0 Kudos
jdutton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This solution has not worked for me.  I have Bandwidth Saver turned off, however most of my video streaming apps still shut down after 4 hours.  What's the next step to resolve this?

0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It isn't Roku doing it, it is your streaming apps. There really isn't anything you can do as far as your Roku system is concerned for those. However, I like to leave the TV on for my parrots when I'm at work. I have found that the channel Tubi does not shut off, so you might try that.

0 Kudos
hdelgado134
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It only happens when I stream Fox News (which is the only one I have on all day). I have gone to their website and to the app section on Roku and see no setting. I did notice it started to happen when I selected to not have my information sold. Hmm...

0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hummm, indeed! Terrible how these billion-dollar companies profit off us...or else! I thought maybe if I paid the subscription fee to YouTube it might stay on, but another poster said it made no difference for them, so I never bothered.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.