Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motodop
Reel Rookie

Amazon Music Unlimited Atmos with Roku Ultra

I have Amazon video, Netflix, etc. on my Roku ultra and have no problems decoding Dolby Atmos. I signed up for Amazon music unlimited because it offers Atmos tracks but my Amazon Unlimited Roku ultra is only playing back stereo when I play tracks indicated as Dolby Atmos.
Is this an indication of Amazon Music on Roku Ultra only? Has anyone else been successful playing Dolby Atmos tracks from Amazon music unlimited through their Roku ultra? Thx

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
tsanguine
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Music Unlimited Atmos with Roku Ultra

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it won't work. You can only get ATMOS for Amazon Unlimited music using the ios or Android app. It won't work on PC, or on ROKU, or Chromecast with Google TV. If you want ATMOS you pretty much have to get an Apple TV 4k. I hate Apple but that's it.

I stopped using ROKU awhile ago and it was primarily due to a lack of ATMOS support. I'm not sure I'm ready to support Apple. I sure with Spotify or Amazon would get their act together. I refuse to use Tidal either because it's even twice as expensive as Apple.

motodop
Reel Rookie

Thanks tsanguine, Seems like once again the consumer is so far ahead of the manufactures.

0 Kudos
CroweMag55

My Apple TV 4K doesn't play any of the HD formats from Amazon Music. It does decode Atmos for movies and streaming series on Netflix and such.   My Firestick 4k does show the labels, but overall it's still a fairly **bleep** sound..  

0 Kudos
BIslander
Channel Surfer

Some Amazon Fire devices support Atmos on Amazon Music Unlimited, including Cube 3rd Generation and Firestick 4K Max.   I bought the Firestick for just that reason.  I prefer Amazon Music because I can get hi-res playback over HEOS on a Denon AVR, which is not the case with Apple or Tidal.  I wish HEOS supported Atmos, too, but no luck there.

RobertMW
Binge Watcher

Hi:

I don't know about Ultra, but for what it's worth, I have a Streambar Pro and I connect my Samsung phone (Gal A13, Android 13) via bluetooth and play Amazon Music through that. It works really well for me. I get HD, UHD, Atmos, Sony360. I'm an old man and my silver-eared days are behind me, so your mileage may vary. There's probably some virtualization going on, but sounds good to me. I'm retired, so I get few calls and I turned off notification sounds and just check them manually. Might be worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Jhonvick22

To use Amazon Music Unlimited with Dolby Atmos on a Roku Ultra:

1. Requirements:

• Ensure you have Amazon Music Unlimited subscription with UHD streaming.
    • Confirm your Roku Ultra supports Dolby Atmos.
  2. Audio Equipment:

• Use a compatible audio system (soundbar or AV receiver) that supports Dolby Atmos for the best experience.
  3. App Setup:

• Install and update the Amazon Music app on your Roku Ultra.
  4. Find Atmos Tracks:

• Look for tracks labeled "3D" or "Dolby Atmos" in the Amazon Music app for Atmos content.
  5. Audio Settings:

• Adjust Roku's audio settings to enable Dolby Atmos if supported.
  6. Stay Updated:

• Keep an eye on updates from Amazon and Roku for any changes or improvements in compatibility.

Remember, not all songs are available in Dolby Atmos, so search for specific Atmos tracks to enjoy the immersive audio experience.

0 Kudos