Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FIXED —>>All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

Unplug device, hold power button in for at least 5 seconds (if device has physical power button...my JVC 43" Roku did). Release power button, plug in, and wait for the full restart.  Worked like a charm for me.  This a This is known as a hard reset. 

0 Kudos

Re: All the apps on Roku TV getting crashed

SOLUTION!!!! The same thing was happening to me! I removed the apps that wouldn’t stay open, turned off my tv, and then unplugged my tv. Plug it back in, turn it on, re-download the apps! It worked for me! I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Re: All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

i can confirm that removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel again is a WASTE OF TIME and does NOT do anything to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Danac3

Mine is doing the exact same even reset itself completely and all this happened after update

0 Kudos
Tronix10
Reel Rookie

See my earlier reply in the tread about what worked for me. Haven’t had any repeat issues since it worked! Good luck!

@Danac3 wrote:

Mine is doing the exact same even reset itself completely and all this happened after update

0 Kudos
cindybarnes
Channel Surfer

How did you refresh? I highlighted the Rumble app and clicked the *. I only have move channel, remove channel, check for updates and give us feedback.

0 Kudos
cindybarnes
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much, unplugging worked. I have sat here for 2 hours deleting, installing and restarting. Oh my goodness technology is great until it's not working.

We ran into this issue as well.

We discovered that apps would crash whenever using the Apple Roku app on our phones.  

The Roku would be playing a Netflix movie just fine, we would pick up the phone with the Roku app installed and just maneuver the phone (went to facebook) and “bam”, Netflix would rash.  Disney plus would crash as well which would indicate to me it is a Roku OS problem.  

Work around is to not use the phone while watching movies or uninstall the Roku app.  

Our symptom seemed to be the same as what was going on here.  Just hoping to help others running into the same frustrations   

I am a software developer of 20 years and troubleshoot issues like this all the time.  I would speculate this to be some sort of a bug in the Roku Apple app and/or some issue with the Hisense Roku TV we are experiencing the issue with  or possibly an edge case.

Brad92262

My Hisense Roku TV just started crashing on several common apps that have been posted. I’ve had the TV for at least 2yrs with no issues until now. The only thing new was the Apple TV unit I attached.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brad92262
Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, if you disconnect the Apple TV unit are you still experiencing the same issue occur with crashing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos