Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evanrs44
Reel Rookie

All buttons on physical and app remote act as the * menu button.

So this started happening a couple of days ago and I haven’t seen any solutions posted anywhere. Every single button on all my remotes, including the in-app remote have started acting as the star menu. The functions of the buttons still work, but they open and close the star menu. Even the star menu button, which just opens and immediately closes the menu as if you’re pushing the button twice. Has anyone ever seen this, and are there any known solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All buttons on physical and app remote act as the * menu button.

What happens if you take the batteries out of the remote and use the app?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Evanrs44
Reel Rookie

The same thing. As of today the star menu is being pushed repeatedly without any interaction with any remotes. Batteries all out, app closed. At this point I think it’s software related. I’m trying a factory reset. 

0 Kudos
Evanrs44
Reel Rookie

Factory reset did not work. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is there any direct sunlight hitting the front of the TV or any other bright light?  I assume this is a Roku TV since this is the Roku TV section of the "community".  Any chance of an old remote stuck in the couch cushions with a stuck button?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.