Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: After 12/8/22 System Update, no apps will open

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding playback issues.

We believe this issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking for an OS update and then seeing if you are still experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
uk0R
Channel Surfer

Attempted to update. "System update" is now "Software update" and no update is available. Still showing last update as 12/8/22. No change to initial problem, still cannot watch any apps. As previously stated, everything appears normal until selecting a program to watch, but none will ever load to view. Refer to previous descriptions, tracker numbers, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here. Been this way for at least a week. Tried again just now, no change. Insignia Roku tv, model NS-39DR510NA17. Software version 11.5.0, build 4313.  Have done factory reset, deleted and reinstalled apps, used home Wi-Fi as well as cellular hot spot. All have the same results, apps appear to load normally but can’t stream. Apps include Xfinity Stream, Netflix, and Hulu. 

riccode
Reel Rookie

Danny, I edited my initial post. The update DID NOT resolve my issue.

EDIT 2022-17-12

Tried my TV this morning, and everything is now working.

Santahelper
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R You're being naughty because the fix didn't fix the havoc created by the 12/8 software update. 

0 Kudos
Santahelper
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R,@uk0R ,

Greetings!

Was in Ohio 12/8 to 12/15 to help out my friend and while there, her Roku TCL tv system began acting up. Too bad, too because I was kind of impressed with the whole Roku thing she had going on. Came back home and have been looking up the system and planned to troubleshoot with her long distance and see what's up, because she is recuperating from surgery and NEEDS her TV and does NOT need the aggravation this is causing. 

Came across this thread regarding the 12/28 system update, and YEP, all that stuff being reported, got that ! And like an ugly Christmas sweater, don't want it, don't need it. Thanks. 

And was going to guide her through manually installing the update again, as suggested, if issues weren't "fixed by the fix". THEN I read @uk0R @riccode @Shils26  replies. So glad I didn't try to walk my friend through all that BALONEY, only to find out that it fixed NOTHING! Sheesh. We mature women just don't have time for that, And she is supposed to be recuperating and WATCHING her TV, NOT FUSSINg with it! 

So @RokuDanny-R , I respectfully say to you that I really hope you all can get this fixed, very verry soon, or I'm telling Santa. 

And all you others on here, can you keep me in the loop if things improve?

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Santahelper
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Nope, not resolved.  No sleep till it's done, boys. Or I'm telling Santa. 

0 Kudos
Santahelper
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku software problem, still not fixed.

Hi all on this forum. Will be attempting to help my friend long distance to deal with these things. I was visiting when these problems began, I am sure it was the update you all refer to, as my visit was 12/8 to 12/15, and all was well at first. Hope this gets resolved as my friend is recuperating and needs stuff to work the way it's supposed to right now, especially.. Appreciate your input here and without the ongoing posts would have been trying to walk her through all kinds of unnecessary stuff. So thanks! @drrice54 @Sjpower  etc.

0 Kudos
jsk2
Reel Rookie

I just purchased the television less than a month ago.  It is frustrating and I will be returning it to Best Buy.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and updates.

At this time, we would recommend trying to reboot your Roku device and seeing if the issue is continuing to occur. You can reboot your Roku device through Settings > System > System restart or by unplugging your Roku device and plugging it back in.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos