Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMSensei3
Reel Rookie

65in Sanyo Roku TV, black lines on home screen

I have a 65in Sanyo Roku TV. I've had it for just over 2 months now, and I'm seeing horizontal black lines on the home screen.

I can watch tv on the streaming apps and play video games with no problem, but the horizontal blackclines are also present on the little black box where the volume shows up when I change it. It's mostly limited to the home screen, and is purely cosmetic but it doesn't look good.

I checked for updates but there was nothing that fixed it. Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: 65in Sanyo Roku TV, black lines on home screen

That doesn't sound like one of the common Roku-related problems people have. I'd say it's hardware. Only 2 months into ownership, I would start a warranty claim. I wouldn't waste any time. I don't know about Sanyo, but some makers will say it's a Roku problem. You can end up wasting valuable warranty time. If you get the feeling Sanyo's doing that, I would be assertive about the tv not working as Sanyo warranted it to work, and any problem they have with Roku is *their* problem.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos