Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auditor6638
Reel Rookie

55" QLED Roku Plus TV No WiFi 6?

I recently purchased a 55" QLED Plus Series TV and I cannot get it to connect to my routers 6Ghz band? As they TV only picks up 2.4ghz and 5Ghz signals anybody else have this problem with theirs? or is this TV not even capable of connecting to that 6G ax band although it is listed in the specs here and even on the box outside?

I have a newer model Hisense Google TV that connects to the 6Ghz with no problem and a Galaxy Ultra 22 which also connects to the band but not this Roku Plus TV any ideas what this could be?

Any help here would be appreciated

Thank you,

JD

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Auditor6638
Reel Rookie

Re: 55" QLED Roku Plus TV No WiFi 6?

Nobody here who also owns this same TV can reply to this for help here? Wow I am surprised no replies to this here

If anybody out there can please reply to this with the simple answer if your TV can get a Wifi 6G connection or not I would appreciate it ok.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I think you're overestimating how many people here have Wi-Fi 6 or even know what it means not to mention how many people have the relatively new Roku Plus TVs.  I wish I could help, but given the number of Wi-Fi issues I've seen with Roku devices over the years I'm not too surprised that it isn't just "plug-n-play".  You may be a pioneer.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Auditor6638
Reel Rookie

Well the bottom line here is the TV is advertised that in the Specs here online to have the latest (WiFi 6G ax) which not even some of the more expensive TVs have from Hisense or TCL as only the more expensive models come with that but this TV is not that cheap at $600 Retail and should come with the specs advertised here but I don't think it does but I could be wrong here idk.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.