Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S1jm

Unable to Miracast to my 55 in tcl Roku

Jump to solution

Ive tried everything from other community post to youtube tutorials and google searches so now I’m making this to see if anyone can help me 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to Miracast to my 55 in tcl Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @S1jm,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

I understand that casting with your Roku TCL TV can be a bit tricky. To use screen mirroring, start by enabling the feature on your Android™ or Windows® device, and then connect to your Roku device. Once connected, you'll be able to see your mobile screen on your TV.

We've got a few detailed instructions to start with.

How to screen mirror from an Android device

The steps below are for screen mirroring from a Samsung® Android phone. Your exact steps may vary depending on your Android phone model.

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring
  • Tip: Go to the "Does my Android device support screen mirroring?" section at the bottom of this article for help determining if your Android device supports screen mirroring.

For more information, you can visit our support page here: How to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device | Official s...

We hope this covers things up. 

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to Miracast to my 55 in tcl Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @S1jm,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

I understand that casting with your Roku TCL TV can be a bit tricky. To use screen mirroring, start by enabling the feature on your Android™ or Windows® device, and then connect to your Roku device. Once connected, you'll be able to see your mobile screen on your TV.

We've got a few detailed instructions to start with.

How to screen mirror from an Android device

The steps below are for screen mirroring from a Samsung® Android phone. Your exact steps may vary depending on your Android phone model.

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring
  • Tip: Go to the "Does my Android device support screen mirroring?" section at the bottom of this article for help determining if your Android device supports screen mirroring.

For more information, you can visit our support page here: How to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device | Official s...

We hope this covers things up. 

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.