Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zpinternational
Binge Watcher

Anyone else that hasn't received Channel Payout yet?

Anyone else who hasn't received their Roku payout this month or is it just us? We usually receive our Roku Payout on the 28th but have not received it yet.

16 REPLIES 16
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Anyone else that hasn't received Channel Payout yet?

What payout are you referring to? I've never received any sort of "payout" from Roku.

EDIT: never mind what I said. I didn't notice this was from the developer's side of the forum, and it's obviously aimed at channel developers. So ignore me now... 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I haven't received anything, but if you look at the agreement they have 60 days.  It has usually been within 30, but it won't be late for another month.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

We haven't gotten our March PayPal payout yet either which is almost always paid the next month during the last week which would normally have been April 22-26 and worst case, April 29th or 30th.

For checking account payout methods, it's usually right about now the payment is issued, so since we have multiple developers' accounts, I'll check back soon with any news or not.

One thing that's for sure, Roku is getting later and later on revenue payouts and they're done manually by a worker.  All other app stores have fully automatic payout systems.  I think Roku is in a secret struggle that's quite frankly, **bleep** scary.

cocotower
Roku Guru

That is not necessarily accurate.   NET30 is the global standard for almost everything.

Their language has always said 30 days then they started sneaking in 60 days here and there, which is when I suspected that they'll eventually say 90 days like they do with RAF ad revenues.  If you think the ethics of this is right, then what would you think if they said they're going to hold revenues for 1 year for no good reason.  Would this constitute it being late?

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Since you and I seem to be the only one who cares whether we collect revenues or not, I'm quoting this e-mail from Partner Success for you and only you... to all the others who never get involved in these threads until a year later where then the question becomes how do I get my money Roku has been holding for a year, this isn't for you.  You'll get your revenues like never, probably.  Get involved in the chats, people.  Hold somebody accountable, even if it's yourself.

"Thank you for contacting Partner Success. 
Payouts are scheduled to be sent Monday, May 6, 2024. "

elpenultimo
Channel Surfer

Thank you for this thread , I had the same question .

0 Kudos
caldev
Binge Watcher

Thank you for sharing the reply from partner success.

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the info. I've always gotten the payout within 30 days until now. I don't recall hearing about the payout time frame switching to 60 days, so I was getting worried that something had gone wrong with my account. I still haven't gotten mine as of now (May 7) but at least I know it's not just a problem with me and that Roku is working on it. 

0 Kudos
zpinternational
Binge Watcher

I am sure most of you are just like us! We pay our bills month to month since ad revenues really dried up. We had three ad suppliers in one year stop paying. So, we count on those sub payments arriving on time to pay for the bills we have! Still no payment as of this morning (5-7-24). It is usually like clockwork and arrives on the 28th of the month. Please keep updating everyone. 

0 Kudos