Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maypo
Binge Watcher

unable to remove a channel/app - BHEtv

Many years ago i added BHEtv(Big Head Entertainment) to my line up on my old 2xs(possibly before a subscription was required?). That has been replaced with a new ultra lt and a Roku TV.  I never "subscribed"; it does not show in my subscriptions. Reviewing my channels i tried to remove it...remove does not appear.  Is there a way to remove this from my line up?

TCL/ROKU TV 55s425 /7135x OTA and wireless streaming Via Netgear Range max Router.
ROKU 2xs wired PlayOn running on 2.8 quad core cpu w/ PCI Netgear Rangemax compositely connected to Sony strdg920
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to remove a channel/app - BHEtv

@maypo 

Some apps from way back didn't follow all of the guidelines that Roku has regarding removal. That may be one of them. That shouldn't happen today; that is, Roku enforces rules in a much more strict manner.

You may need @RokuDanny-R or one of the other moderators to step in and get additional information in order to remove the app from behind the scenes. Unfortunately, there is no trick to removing non-standard apps. Roku will have to step in.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
maypo
Binge Watcher

Well it appears you invoked or have conjured up @RokuDanny-R . I hope that means that moderator will magically appear and help me magically remove that app/channel! 

TCL/ROKU TV 55s425 /7135x OTA and wireless streaming Via Netgear Range max Router.
ROKU 2xs wired PlayOn running on 2.8 quad core cpu w/ PCI Netgear Rangemax compositely connected to Sony strdg920
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@maypo

Thanks for the post.

When selecting the channel from the Home screen and pressing the * button on the remote, what options do you see on screen? Can you please provide us with a screenshot of what is showing on your Roku device so we can better understand the issue?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maypo
Binge Watcher

Just a day or so ago i was able to figure it out. I think  i had to cancel the subscription i never had and then it was able to be removed.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.