Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpn
Reel Rookie

roku 4630 and up and vpn's

have you been using a vpn setup on your router and had the live channel and roku channel stop playing all live content guess what its the vpn causing this if you turn your vpn off in your router poof all live channels start playing again YO roku fix this as other apps be it peacock or netflix work and play just fine with my vpn enabled try joining the 2024 generation roku sheesh i dislike high tech  end of semi rant been 6 months trying to figure this issue out and no roku uninstalling your live tv and roku channel does not cure this issue

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
vpn
Reel Rookie

Re: roku 4630 and up and vpn's

I fixed the issue but not to my liking I had to remove roku from vpn protection now live tv plays content so much for wanting to be safe using roku

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku 4630 and up and vpn's

Much streaming content is licensed for distribution in restricted geographical areas.   Since a VPN masks your actual location, many content owners with geographical restrictions don't permit their content to be shown through a VPN connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X