Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

Hi @dragonboots2005,

We understand that you're having issues with this feature on the Max app. We apologize for the experience.

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • Max app version.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Problem still exist.  Resetting or clearing the 'cache' does NOTHING to fix the issue.  It's a problem on Max's end.  6-7 weeks later its still doing it.  Annoying AF but whatever. 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Tracker info:

model 3941RW2

Serial # X02200D1NXTH(S0HCK331NXTH)

software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-E4

GC version 11.0.29

Timestamp 2024-03-17T09:58:56Z

ID TH-11-038

Max App version 56.2 Build 0

I still think it's on Max's end because people besides me mention it on their FB page, downdetector. com etc but in my case the problem was fixed last June and started again on Feb. 1, 2024 and 99% of the time it still won't que up the next episode in waiting.  It will have the last 5 seconds of a watched episode in continue watching(which is frickin dumb)  thanx

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up, @dragonboots2005.

We sincerely appreciate all these details. No worries; we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I've noticed if I hit the "+" pad twice to the right(to FF 10 seconds) during the LAST 2-3 seconds of playing video that it usually makes it que up the next episode in continue watching like it should.  It doesn't always do it but it does work a lot of the time.  

0 Kudos