Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJJ47
Reel Rookie

paramount + and Paramount + on Roku

Is there a difference between Paramount+ and Paramount+ on Roku? I have Paramount+ on Roku and when I search a film that shows up on Paramount+(using the oku search) and is viewable; I get an error code when I select the film. The error states I am signed in on another device. It also says I am on a limited commercial monthly plan.... I have a Roku 4K

What does this mean?

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: paramount + and Paramount + on Roku

I don't know specifically about Paramount+, but in general when you subscribe to something through a third party like Roku it's not the same as subscribing directly with the provider.  There are often limitations with these third party subscriptions.  You're almost always, if not always, better off subscribing directly with the provider.

The error message seems odd, but I don't know what it means.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JJJ47
Reel Rookie

Re: paramount + and Paramount + on Roku

Paramount+ and Paramount+ on Roku are two different subscriptions. Paramount+ on Roku is limited access to Paramount+..... there are also other shows (older ones) that are not on Paramount+.

Paramount+ has full access to all shows offered on Paramount+ but not the certain shows on the Roku version.

It's just a bit confusing!!!

0 Kudos