Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onn. Roku can't update due to not sending out email and incorrect model #

I currently have a Onn. Roku TV 50' 4K. I have worked with Onn Roku Support and as well as Roku support to update the software, and it will not send out an email to register the device. I have done most if not all of the recommendations for similar issues: changed the wifi settings, used the hotspot on my phone, used a different email address, soft reset, and hard reset. I have done all those things with onn Roku support as well as Roku Support. 

At this this point, the only thing I can think of is to do a manual software update using a USB Jump Drive. Here is the issue: I cannot get past the model number requirement on the Roku Software down load page. I choose Onn. as the brand and I have used what I think is the model number (2160p). This number was attained by researching similar TV as my Roku TV says the Onn. Model is "default"..... Which cannot be right. Either way, the model number mentioned above is incorrect as the Roku says that unrecognizable Model #. The Model Number that is on the back of the TV is 100012585. 

If anyone can provide me with a model number that they have with a smilar TV that I can use to downlaod the software update that would be wonderful. OR suggest another fix, I am all ears. Thankful for any ideas beyond what I have tried. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: onn. Roku can't update due to not sending out email and incorrect model #

@beardedbost, the web page wants the Roku model number, not the onn model number.  You can find it under Settings->System->About (next to "Roku TV" - four characters followed by an X).  If you can't get to that page because you're stuck in the initial setup procedure, factory reset your TV and when you go through the setup don't connect it to any network.  You'll be left with a "dumb" TV with a minimal menu.

I also just discovered this list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sf6V7MDfPyvPSKSc-WB46y_QVpCMNzHQQcUds8wOI4Y

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos