Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve11
Reel Rookie

Commercials on Acorn

I currently have Acorn TV that I have subscribed to through Roku.   We were watching Doc Martin WITHOUT commercials up to yesterday, when all of a sudden there are a TON of commercials!   Four commercials every 8 minutes or so.   My understanding is that they are supposed to be commercial free - I can subscribe to Acorn directly and get commercial free access, so I don't understand why I have commercials when going through ROKU.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Commercials on Acorn

@Steve11 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Are you watching Acorn TV through the Roku Channel or are you watching it through the channel directly? Are you doing anything different now that you are seeing commercials than when you were when you weren't seeing any commercials? 

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Monkey5
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem, I'm not doing anything differently. It happens on either channel ROKU and Acorn TV on Tony Channel. It did start this week. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
Khakkie

Today while watching Doc Martin I started getting  four commercials back to back.  I'm paying for Acorn TV through  Roku so why I'm I suddenly seeing commercials every  six minutes.  I didn't sign up for this. If its because I'm watching mostly  Doc Martin, well that the only reason I signed up to begin with. 

0 Kudos
Steve11
Reel Rookie

They lasted for a couple of days and know I'm able to watch Doc Martin without commercials.   Very strange - I didn't do anything differently.

0 Kudos
msjmartin

We are getting ads on Doc Martin. 8 ads in one episode. Please instruct how we can get rid of all ads. We're paying for the subscription to Acorn, for goodness sake!

0 Kudos
msjmartin

So, Danny, I'm seeing the ads on Acorn posts from 3 weeks ago. Am I not seeing the answer re the fix? What's the status on this utterly annoying problem? Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Elle02

Starting this week (Monday, September 20, 2020), I started having the same problem with Acorn through Roku. I have been watching Acorn TV with no commercials for weeks. Then, suddenly, while I was watching "Single-Handed," in the Drowning Man episodes, commercials started showing up--lots of commercials. Extremely irritating. Please fix this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@msjmartin 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you watching Acorn through The Roku Channel or through the provider's channel directly? Can you confirm whether or not the content that you are watching is available free with ads or not?

Depending on the content that you are watching, Acorn TV offers both content with ads and content that is available through your subscription.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LAB85
Reel Rookie

Ads running AND ruining Acorn TV.

9/27/2020  I started a subscription to Acorn TV in August.  Everything was running superbly until two nights ago.  Since then, for every episode of "Doc Martin" there has been four segments of four ads.  I am NOT interested in seeing 16 ads. for anything.  Isn't a paid subscription supposed to be ad free?   I noticed the same canned response from Roku to other service issues.  Anyone else having issues, and what is there to do about it?   FRUSTRATING!!

0 Kudos