Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drom

can i stream my roku subscription on a google tv

I just purchased a black friday roku paramount plus and showtime subscription deal. How can I watch this subscription on my Google and Android tv's? I found out too late I could have purchased the same thing for the same price from Paramount Plus and not have this issue.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: can i stream my roku subscription on a google tv

Yes, if you want to watch something on multiple platforms, then it's best to not sign up through a platform payment system since those lock you into that platform. 

With some content companies, it is possible to kind of hack them into general use like:

Go to content website
Do a "forgot my password" and create a new password
Log on via other platforms using that new password

However, I suspect that it is possible that this may create problems and confusion later.  For example, a platform payment system might need the password it created to keep the account current. ??  (I don't know.)

I did this with P+, but only after letting my Roku paid subscription fully expire so that Roku's payment system was no longer involved.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos