Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayagi1

can anyone help with Unique issue

Hello all we just got done moving and have encountered a unique issue. The TCL roku tv isn’t connected to the new WiFi and to do so I would need to use the remote. We tried the phone remote but it needs the TV to be on the WiFi network, I’m not sure what to do here other than get a new remote and my family is driving me up a wall over the tv until I can get over to our storage room and figure out where it’s packed. Anyone know if you can just infrared these TVs?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can anyone help with Unique issue

@sayagi1 

Your options when this occurs is...

1. setup your new wifi at router to use the same login credentials as your old wifi (old network name and old password) so the RokuTV can use the last known network connection.  Then you should be able to connect both your RokuTV and again use your mobile app as remote. (basically, your device is now issued new LAN IP address).   After successful connection, can then change both the network and password at your new router.

2. Use a mobile hotspot similar to instructions above.  Change your hotspot password and hotspot name to your old wifi credentials.  If using phone as hotspot, will need a second phone to run mobile remote app.

3. Purchase a compatible RokuTV universal streaming remote. (walmart, best buy, target, etc).  Just verify that is compatible explicitly with RokuTV. (This manner allows you to "infrared these TVs".) 

4, Purchase an enhanced Roku Voice Remote. (also available walmart, best buy, target, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.