Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ukor64
Reel Rookie

Z Living Go, registration page will harm my computer?

Jump to solution

I installed the Z Living Go Roku app after Verizon dropped this channel.  It instructed me to go to a registration homepage and insert a validation code as most of these do.  However, whether viewing on an Android phone or a Windows PC I get a big ominous message telling me that going to Z Living's registration page will harm my computer.  If that is the case why does Roku make this app available in their store?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ukor64
Reel Rookie

Re: Z Living Go, registration page will harm my computer?

Jump to solution

Thanks! My antivirus software is blocking access to that link actually. Probably for the same reason.  I guess they don't want people watching their channel. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ukor64-

Security certificates are not permanent.  They expire and must be renewed periodically.  Some clerk at Z Living likely screwed up and failed to renew it on time.  You have to make your own decision, of course, but like @renojim personaIly I would just proceed to that site.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

Their security certificate is expired.  It's not uncommon and may just be an oversight on their part.  That big scary warning is a little ridiculous.  I wouldn't hesitate to "Accept the risk", but that's just me.  You might want to contact them and inform them of the problem with their registration website.

https://www.zliving.com/contact-us/

Roku isn't about to check every webpage associated with every channel/app especially on an on-going basis to check for expired certificates.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ukor64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! My antivirus software is blocking access to that link actually. Probably for the same reason.  I guess they don't want people watching their channel. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Ukor64-

Security certificates are not permanent.  They expire and must be renewed periodically.  Some clerk at Z Living likely screwed up and failed to renew it on time.  You have to make your own decision, of course, but like @renojim personaIly I would just proceed to that site.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.