Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaydiddy
Reel Rookie

Youtube blacks out and then returns

So I can click on the YouTube app. Within 30 seconds the screen goes black. No sound no video but if I click any button on the remote it will come back. But then 30 seconds later it goes black again. I have removed the app and reinstalled. I have changed the display type. I have rebooted the system completely. It still does it. Also Tubi I can select the movie it will play the ad, then backs out completely to the Tubi home screen. I've done all the things and it still does this. Do I need a new Roku device. It is annoying!!!!! It is a Roku Express 4k. I put that down below but it's telling me this device doesn't exist which is perplexing considering I have it in my hand.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube blacks out and then returns

Hi @Jaydiddy,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're experiencing a channel playback issue when accessing the YouTube channel, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps taken here.

We would recommend performing another troubleshooting step, but this time, we will make sure that we clear the cache of the channel. Please follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

You can also check for additional troubleshooting here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know if the given process helps!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaydiddy
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube blacks out and then returns

I wonder if you actually read my entire first thing. I've done all these things already. I have removed it by selecting it I have reset the system then reinstall the item because I went through your forum before this. This is why I'm asking this because I'm at my wit's end. Have you ever seen office space? This is where I'm at with this little tiny box that I have. Because what's the point and paying the money for a system that is glitching and won't work properly do I have to buy a new one then that's double the money for the same problem probably who knows.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.